Saturday, August 7, 2010

VOLCANIC ERUPTION by Melissa Player


For the last few years Creative Beading - an Australian based magazine has been running a fabulous competition with Swarovski being the major prize sponsor. This year they have added a cool new category where you have to design and make an item using only Swarovski crystal bicones in any size.
A couple of years ago when I was visiting Kristallwelten (Crystal World in Wattens, Austria) I couldn't resist buying a few rings blanks. Up until recently they have been sitting in boxes awaiting inspiration. So, whilst lying on my couch a few months ago starring at one of my favourite prints called Pele's Whisper by the world renowned landscape photograper Peter Lik I was struck with inspiration!!
Many hours of colour matching & wire twisting later my Volcanic Eruption was born - so thanks Peter Lik (an Aussie lad) for not only providing amazing photographs to adorn my walls but for also providing the inspiration for this unique wireworked ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment