Sunday, September 26, 2010

Breast Tests & Breast Screening


"The Z-Bra: Love the Skin You're in" by Melissa Player

When I was in my early 20's I lost an Aunt to breast cancer and saw first hand the devastating effect it had on her family & friends. Ever since then I have been very conscious to ensure I was tested on a regular basis. For the past 25 years I have had regular breast ultrasounds because there really is NO excuse not to have this simple breast screening procedure done on a regular basis. When I reach a certain age I will go from breast ultrasounds to mammograms.

Sadly, too many women ignore getting regular checkups and tests done because of a number of reasons or excuses. I know that one reason this simple procedure is often neglected is because many women are uncomfortable with their bodies or the "skin they are in" and thus they feel too embarrased to get these checks done (you know who you are!!!)

I put in over 50 hours of work in the "Z-Bra: Love the Skin You're In" to try to inspire and encourage you to have these simple screening tests done.

If you haven't had one before...or if it's been a few years then please make an appointment this week to see your GP to get a referral for either a breast ultrasound or a mammogram - don't ever think it can't or won't happen to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment